We take a look at what’s ahead at the Kentucky Horse Horse Park this week with the final test events, and catch up with two of our spotlight athletes: canadian eventer and new mother Jessie Phoenix, (aaah!) and The English Vaulting Squad. Listen in…
2010 Radio Show Episode 87 – Previewing the Final Three Test Events:
- Hosts: Samantha Clark and Glenn the Geek
- Guest: Jessie Phoenix at www.jessicaphoenix.ca
- Guest: The English Vaulting Squad
- News: Craig Schmersal rode his stallion Boom Shernic to win the 2010 National Reining Breeders Classic last weekend in a tightly fought final in Katy, Texas. His score of 228 was half a point ahead of the two second place finishers, former WEG champion and 2010 radioshow guest, Shawn Flarida who rode Wimpys Little Chic, and Jordan Larson on Stop Like a Dream.
- News: The FEI Bureau has given it’s unanimous approval to new Stewards’ guidelines on warm-up techniques produced by the Working Group formed after the round table conference held in Lausanne, Switzerland in February. These new guidelines will be implemented on 15th May this year.
- News: Eight time national Champion four in hand driver Chester Weber has an artist in his team. Rolex W, is the latest equine celebrity to paint a “Moneigh” in aid of the ReRun Charity, and his artwork will be displayed here in Lexington during the three day event that bears his name.
- News: At their recent Annual Convention, the American Vaulting Association (AVA) presented Lifetime Achievement Awards, the highest award of the AVA, to Jeffrey Ashton Moore and Jan F. Garrod, whose efforts over the past 40 years have been instrumental to the recognition, growth and continued high standards of the sport of equestrian vaulting. At the same event, the Annual Trainer of the Year award was presented to Patti Skipton of Warm Beach Vaulters in Washington.
Listen Now, Download or Subscribe: