Protecting the health of your horse and other horses at the Jacksonville Winter Series is of the utmost importance. The Jacksonville Winter Series has implemented REQUIRED Biosecurity Measures to decrease the risk of introduction and/or spread of contagious or infections disease at its shows.
Horses must arrive ONLY between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm daily. Off hour arrivals must obtain permission from Stabling by calling 352.804.6576 or 904.434.4073 24 hours prior to arrival.
Upon arrival at the Clay County Fairgrounds and Agricultural Center/Jacksonville Winter Series all horses showing or non showing must have and provide: PROOF OF VACCINATION via a signed statement from the attending veterinarian that the horse has been vaccinated against the following:
- Within 6 months (180 days) of each show: Equine Influenza
- Within 3 months (90 days) of each show: EHV 1 & EHV 4
If a vaccination will expire during one of the shows, the horse must receive its new vaccination prior to being issued a competition number for that show.
Current Negative Coggins Test
Not shown symptoms of or been treated for EHV-4/1 within the past 28 days
Not been at a facility under quarantine for EHV-4/1 or exposed to any horses showing symptoms for EHV-4/1 within the past 28 days
The Equine Health Requirements are Required for all horses entering the Show Grounds both Showing and Non Showing. These documents must be filed in the Show Office before any competition numbers will be issued and must reference your horse’s registered (show) name. Any horse not accompanied by these documents will be directed to the Show Veterinarian to obtain the required documents and/or vaccinations, and/or will be placed in quarantined stabling until proper documents are produced. Any horse showing signs of fever/illness/stress is subject to examination by Jacksonville Winter Officials and/or the Show Veterinarian, who may at their sole discretion place the horse in quarantined stabling or take further action if deemed necessary.
Additional Safety Precautions:
- Current vaccination against WNV, EEE, WEE, Tetanus and Rabies is strongly recommended.
- You should be able to document your horse’s normal temperature before arrival. Please do not ship horses with elevated temperatures. It is recommended that you establish a log of temperatures taken at least twice daily. If there is an elevated temperature for more than a 24 hour period, please consult your local veterinarian immediately.
- Every effort should be made to minimize stress and commingling of horses shipped long distances. Extra hours on a horse van, or moving from stable to stable, is the fastest way to compromise your horses and the health of your neighbors’ horses.
- $25,000 USHJA International Hunter Derby
- Weekly $2,500 USHJA National Hunter Derby
- WCHR Week
- Weekly Hunter Classics
- Weekly Jumper Classics
- $10,000 Children’s/Adult Jumper Classic
- $10,000 1.30 Meter Open Jumper Classic
The VIP Tent will be back and offering full food and beverage service in the HEATED and EXCLUSIVE VIP TENT. Reserve your table NOW for the International Hunter Derby (Week 2) and the Jumper Extravaganza (Week 3). Tables of 10 are available with included food and bar service ($350/table Week 2 & $200/table Week 3). Don’t miss this opportunity to watch the show in style and comfort.
The THIS Children’s Medal will be Marshall + Sterling Sanctioned
The NFHJA 2’6″ Children’s + Adult Medals will be Marshall + Sterling Sanctioned