Andy Kocher won the $10,000 Jumper Classic Week I to kick off a very successful circuit.
The Gulf Coast Winter Classics in Pensacola closed out its successful three week circuit Sunday after crowning the Circuit Champions.
The circuit kicked off with a $10,000 Jumper Classic and Weeks II and III followed with weekly $5,000 Horseflight Open Welcome classes as well as the Week II $25,000 Nutrena Grand Prix and the season finale, the $25,000 EMO Grand Prix.
The $10,000 USHJA International Hunter Derby was a feature class Week II as well as the $2,500 USHJA National Hunter Derby. Tim Maddrix dominated the hunter divisions with wins while Andy Kocher continued his winning streak in the jumper divisions.
The Gulf Coast Winter Classics in Pensacola closed with the second annual Wild West Show which showcased top entertainment for the crowds and featured barrel racing, clowns and world-renowned Loop Rawlings! Loop Rawlings is the international roping and gun twirling sensation who has performed with the Cirque Du Soleil as well as on television.
As a special bonus, the crowd was entertained by the first annual Donkey Races which featured the top riders as jockeys. Even Kocher, who won every grand prix, found the tables turned when he and his donkey mount came in last. “Apparently donkeys respond to different signals,” he commented.
The Circuit Champions were crowned on Sunday as the exclamation point to a wonderful three weeks of shows on Florida’s Gulf Coast. “It is always such a pleasure to present the Circuit Champions at our shows,” commented Bob Bell, President of the Gulf Coast and Classic Companies. “The horses, trainers and riders put so much effort into our sport and it feels great to recognize them for their championship achievements,” he said.
Congratulations to the Pensacola Gulf Coast Winter Classic Circuit Champions!
- Pre-Green Hunter Circuit Champion: Symbolic, owned by Denise Clolerly and ridden by Marylisa Leffler
- Children’s Hunter Pony Circuit Champion: Cruz Bay, owned and ridden by Catherine Black
- 2’6″ Child/Adult Hunter Circuit Champion: Anton, owned and ridden by Danielle Fraser
- Baby Green Hunter Circuit Champion: Prado’s Lady in Waiting, owned by Virginia Steele and ridden by Emily Hertz
- Short/Long Stirrup Hunter Circuit Champion: Ferazzi, owned by Paige Keener and ridden by Chloe Chick
- Junior/Amateur Owner Jumper Circuit Champion: Wassandra G, owned and ridden by Hanna Powers
- Children’s Jumper Circuit Champion: Atomic, owned by BTS Entertainment and ridden by Sara Dees
- Performance Hunter Circuit Champion: Outspoken, Owned by David Pelligrini and ridden by Emily Hertz
- Green Working Hunter Circuit Champion: Cartagena Bo, owned by Dana Davies and ridden by Kirstin Pollin
- Opportunity Circuit Champion: Brownland’s Millennium, owned by Wind Haven Farm and ridden by Carol Rheinheimer
Congratulations to all!
“We would like to thank our sponsors, the cast of the Wild West Show and Purdue Productions and the families, trainers, riders, friends and especially the horses who came to show with us in Pensacola,” said Bell. “We look forward to seeing you here again next year and hope you will join us in Gulfport,” he added.
The Classic Company is a USHJA’s Members Choice Award winner, recognized for producing top quality show jumping events in the United States. Together, they offer the best exhibitor-friendly, top quality hunter jumper events each winter. Please visit them on the web at www.ClassicCompany.com or call them at 843.768.5503.
All sponsorship, marketing and press inquiries should be directed to Lisa Engel, Sponsorship, Marketing and Public Relations Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you at the ring,
The Classic Company, Ltd.
Phone/FAX: (843) 768-5503
Post Office Box 1311 Johns Island SC 29457