I just wanted to update you on a few things.
1. WCHR – I am still getting comments, emails and phone calls about the WCHR in Gulfport. Just to set the record straight, I contacted Geoff Teal, the Chair of the WCHR Committee, to find out why a show that wins the USHJA Member Choice Award over all the show in Zone 4 for the entire year last year holds both a National and International Derby and call the show the “Celebration of Hunters” was not a WCHR show this year. His response was very simple: VOTES. Each member of the WCHR is sent a ballot and we simply did not get enough votes for our show. Geoff also shared that there are not a lot of members that vote. So, if you want to see both Gulfport and Atlanta Summer be member shows, then vote for them when the ballot is sent to you – it’s that simple. It has nothing to do with the caliber of event if it meets the minimal requirements.
2. Atlanta Summer Classic – Just a reminder that in order to get the reduced price in stalls, you must have them in by Wednesday, May 23. I have had lots of calls about the show and we have signed a contract for both a 140 VIP Tent to be a long the Grand Prix ring for viewing and two tents for stalls. I would suggest getting your stall counts in early to assure permanent stabling. We have had many exhibitors calling about the International Derby and so pleased that has a lower entry fee this year. The entry fees are based on prize money and sponsorship; each year we offer a $25,000 class we get half the number of entries compared to a $15,000 class. More exhibitors are willing to risk the smaller amount to compete in the big class in the big ring than pay the much higher entry fee. The $25,000 Pony Classic is scheduled for the second Sunday in the Grand Prix ring; it should be an exciting class. We will also be doing something for Linda Tinkler to raise some money and an announcement will be soon.
3. Charleston Summer Classic – We just finished building a new ring so now there are four competition rings which will make our schedule work again this year with early days, even with the expected ponies.
4. Southeast Medal Finals – The prize list is in draft form and will be posted this month on the website: www.southeastmedalfinals.com. It’s going to be an exciting new show for us in Zone 4.
If you have any questions, call our office: 843 768 5503 or send us an email at email@example.com.
Classic Co Important Dates
June 15 – $15,000 USHJA International Hunter Derby – Conyers
June 24 – $25,000 Pony Hunter Derby/Classic – Conyers
July 21 – $25,000 Pony Hunter Derby/Classic – Charleston
September 21-23 – Premiere of the Southeast Medal Finals – Jacksonville
Nov 16 – Adequan Pre Green Championships – Conyers
Adequan Pre Green Championship Standings – Top 8
1. Long Street, P Bostwick
2. Delphine, Alyson Gurney
3. Kleiner Ralli, Holly Shephard
4. Ring Ling, Phoebe Sheets
4. Overjoyed, Cathy Rheinheimer
5. Curious George, Lucy Loper
6. Long Street, P Bostwick
7. Solomon, Susan Schwartz
8. Cromwell, Michelle Calster
Total Dollars – $4100.00
The Classic Company is a USHJA Members Choice Award winner, known for producing quality, exhibitor friendly, international-level hunter/jumper horse shows throughout the Southeast US. For additional information on any of the 2012 events please call 843-768-5503 or visit www.ClassicCompany.com.
For great hotel or condo rates contact www.equestriantravel.com.
See you at the rings,
The Classic Company, Ltd.
Phone/FAX: (843) 768-5503
Post Office Box 1311 Johns Island SC 29457