13 April 2011 – The Rolex One to Watch for March 2011 is the American rider, Kirsten Coe. Based in Johnston, South Carolina, USA, the 30-year-old jumped from number 366 to 229 during March – a move up the Rolex Rankings of 137 places.
The Rolex One to Watch is a new initiative which identifies the rider who has made the biggest jump within or into the Top 250 of the Rolex Rankings the previous month.
Kirsten Coe, who grew up on the West Coast, spent much of her childhood in the saddle and her skills were honed from an early age on the Desert Circuit in California.
Coe has had a great start to 2011 and was placed fourth with Vernon G in the Green Cove Springs Welcome CSI in January. During the first week in March, Coe and Tristan teamed up to win the $31,000 HITS Welcome Classic presented by Pfizer Animal Health at Thermal, and the following week, riding Kilkenny Randall Z, she was second in the $200,000 Lamborghini Grand Prix.
Coe completed the winter season by finishing eighth with Tristan in a star-studded field at the $500,000 FTI Consulting Finale Grand Prix at the Winter Equestrian Festival at the end of March.
For details online featuring the Rolex Rankings please visit: www.fei.org/disciplines/jumping/rolex-rankings.
April’s Rolex One to Watch will be announced at the beginning of May 2011.
• Kevin Staut (FRA) is currently ranked number one in the Rolex Rankings and therefore holds the Green & Gold armband which bears the words “Number 1, The Rolex Rankings”.
• Marcus Ehning (GER) was the first rider to be awarded the ‘Green & Gold’ in December 2009 and Kevin Staut continues to wear it in all competitions whilst he is the Number 1 ranked rider on the Rolex Rankings.
• The Rolex Rankings are the only official guide to excellence in Jumping recognised by the FEI, and the Green & Gold has been devised for equestrian fans at events and watching on TV internationally to instantly recognize the world’s best/leading rider.
• Kevin Staut’s successor as the Number 1 ranked rider will take over the title of “Number 1, Rolex Rankings” and the Green & Gold will be passed over to the new Number 1.
• The Rolex Rankings are updated monthly and issued at the start of each calendar month. For more information on the Rankings and to download the latest standings please visit the Jumping section of the FEI website at www.fei.org.
For further information please contact:
Rod Kohler, Revolution Sports