Photo: Pixels Events.
International Jumping of Dinard – CSI 5*, 28 to 31 July 2016
With 14 nations, 42 riders among the best in the world and 104 horses at the highest level of competition in the International Jumping of Dinard, the CSI5* will have a feel of Olympics. And for a good reason! Among the riders, 12 will be at the Rio Olympic Games to defend the colours of their country. There will be high level sport in Brittany!
A scent of Olympics at the Val Porée
On the “Blue” side, the whole French team is on the starting list of the CSI5*. Roger-Yves Bost (Paris region), Simon Delestre (Lorraine), Pénélope Leprévost (Normandy), Kévin Staut (Normandy) and Philippe Rozier (Paris region) with their second top horses.
Among the international elite on the list in Brazil will be in Dinard:
– Christan Ahlmann (world n°2, 6th at the World Cup final in 2016, European team vice-champion in 2015) for Germany,
– Jérôme Guéry (world n°28) and Nicola Philippaerts (world n°38, 13th at the World Cup final in 2016) for Belgium,
– Emanuele Gaudiano (world n°20, 12th with his team at the 2015 European championships) for Italy,
– Omer Karaevli (world n°59, 16th with his team at the 2015 European championships) for Turkey,
– Kent Farrington (world n°5, team bronze medallist at the Pan American Games in 2015 and at the World Equestrian Games in 2014) and Elizabeth Madden (world n°11, Olympic team champion in 2008 and 2004, individual and team bronze medallist at the World Equestrian Games in 2014, 4th at the World Cup final in 2015).
In the CSI 5* as well
Even though they will not be part of the trip to Rio, Philipp Weishaupt, who recently won the Rolex Grand Prix in Aachen, and the British rider Laura Renwick, winner of the 2015 Tropicana Derby, will also be there.
VIPs in competition
Besides the 5* classes, the CSI1* will welcome 51 riders, 71 horses, representing 10 nations, (SP, FIN, FRA, GBR, ITA, MEX, MON, POR, SWITZ, USA). Among these competitors, we are delighted to announce the presence of the following VIPs: Guillaume Canet, Marina Hands, Félicité Herzog, Iman Perez, Mathilde Pinault for France, and Charlotte Casiraghi for Monaco.
The CSI2* is proud of its start list as well, with 10 nations (GER, BEL, DO, SP, FRA, GBR, NOR, SWITZ, USA, ZA), 62 riders and 107 horses. If this level of competition will bring together professional riders like Timothée Anciaume and Nicolas Delmotte (FRA), or Pia-Luise Aufrecht (GER), the public will be happy to follow some expert amateurs like Eve Jobs (Steve’s daughter) and Hannah Selleck (Tom’s daughter) for USA.
In the CSI YH reserved to 7-year-old horses, 52 riders and 66 horses will carry the colours of 11 nations (GER, AUST, BEL, SP, FRA, GBR, ITA, NED, SUE, SWITZ, USA).
Information, program, start lists: http://jumpingdinard.com.
International Jumping of Dinard (CSI 5*) – 28 to 31 July – Val Porée Stadium
Highlights: Tropicana Derby, Saturday 30 July at 4.30pm and Grand Prix of the City of Dinard, Sunday 31 July at 2.30pm.
Free admittance. Food and beverage available in the exhibitors’ village.
Tropicana Derby and Grand Prix of the city of Dinard broadcasted on TV and in live streaming.
Véronique GAUTHIER / Agence Consulis
mob: +33 672 770 600
Bruno OPPENHEIM / O.I.C
mob: +33 614 422 795