The 2016 Southeast Medal Finals (SEMF) is shaping up to be another spectacular event with great new additions to the class list and entertaining formats and classes, creating a one-of-a kind finals enjoyed by riders, trainers, and families alike.
Now in its fifth year, the Southeast Medal Finals offers up-and-coming riders the opportunity to compete in a true Finals experience through qualifying shows and competition inside a major coliseum at the Jacksonville Equestrian Center. This year we are able to take advantage of the beautiful colosseum and offer more opportunities for horses and riders to get indoor experience.
We are so excited to announce that our 2016 charity partner is going to be Kids Cancer Foundation, a 501©(3) non-profit charity that provides hope and support to children and their families that are battling childhood cancer and/or blood disorders.
We encourage all to take the time to learn about this small but amazing organization.
Many of the fun events that will take place this year will directly benefit Kids Cancer Foundation. www.kidscancersf.org.
New Footing and Drainage
The first and most important item is the footing and drainage in the outdoor show and schooling rings. Jacksonville Equestrian Center has improved the drainage and grading in all the outdoor and schooling rings for 2016.
Additions to the schedule of classes and Finals include:
- The Children’s Hunter, Pony Hunter, and Medal Finals
- The Challenge of the States Team Equitation Competition for Juniors AND Adults
- The Hunter Finals Under Saddle Challenge
- The Tally Ho Farms Pony and Developing Jumper Rider Classic
- Age Group Equitation divisions at multiple heights offering Championship and Reserve Champion for each section
- All Hunter Finals will include an under saddle phase.
- All Jumper Finals return to the highly requested “modified” World Cup Format with three rounds of jumping, including an initial speed class.
What’s the same:
- You must be a member of the Southeast Riders League to compete in any of the finals. You can join at any time before the show and your qualifications from earlier in the year will be retroactive.
- Live Streaming of all the finals in the coliseum
- Great prizes and awards
Q: Do I have to be qualified to show at the Southeast Medal Finals?
A: No, we offer many classes that require no qualification. SEMF offers classes from cross rails to 4ft jumpers.
Q: Can I qualify for a finals at the 2016 SEMF?
A: Yes. We offer many wild card classes that can qualify you for your respective finals for 2016!
Q: Can I bring additional horses that aren’t going to do a finals?
A. Yes! We encourage everyone to bring any horses and riders who want to get indoor experience, show mileage, qualify for 2017 equitation finals, or horses and ponies that are for sale.
Visit www.SoutheastMedalFinals.com for more information and submit your email to receive updates.
Sponsorship and Advertising
Paula Taylor (561) 629-2977
General Information, Membership & Sanctioning:
Alexis Newman (904) 993-2053