Wellington, Florida – Meg O’Mara was awarded a $1,000 bonus by SSG Riding Gloves as part of its ‘Go Clean for the Green’ promotion after winning the Junior Jumper Classic on Sunday, July 29, at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, KY.
Riding Sinatra IV, O’Mara posted one of only two double clear rounds to take the win in the Show Jumping Hall of Fame High Junior Jumper Classic. Her time of 42.66 seconds gave her the win over Elizabeth Patz, who had stopped the clock in 48.01 seconds.
“The SSG Gloves are very comfortable, and are great in all weather conditions,” said O’Mara. “I thought that having the ‘Go Clean for the Green’ program at Kentucky was a great idea to promote the gloves. I definitely recommend them to anyone to ride in.”
SSG Riding Gloves is also offering a $2,000 bonus in each of the grand prix events at this summer’s Kentucky Horse Shows, with any bonus money not awarded being carried forward to the next event in the series.
As neither Paige Johnson, winner of the $25,000 Hagyard Lexington Classic, nor Aaron Vale, winner of the $50,000 Kentucky Summer Grand Prix, were wearing SSG ‘Digital’ Riding Gloves on their way to victory, the bonus has now increased to $6,000 for the $25,000 Hagyard Lexington Classic on Thursday, August 2.
The SSG Riding Gloves ‘Go Clean for the Green’ promotion, offering $30,000 in bonus money, will be offered throughout the 2012 Kentucky Horse Shows events held at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, Kentucky. Riders wearing SSG ‘Digital’ Riding Gloves with the SSG horse head logo clearly visible during all rounds of competition in designated events are eligible for the bonus.
The following classes are still to come in the SSG Riding Gloves ‘Go Clean for the Green’ promotion for the 2012 Kentucky Horse Show season:
- Summer Classic – August 1-5
- Thursday, August 2 – $25,000 Hagyard Lexington Classic
- Saturday, August 4 – $50,000 Rood & Riddle Grand Prix
- Sunday, August 5 – Junior Jumper Classic
- Kentucky Bluegrass Classic – August 15-19
- Friday, August 17 – $25,000 Hagyard Lexington Classic
- Sunday, August 19 – $50,000 Bluegrass Festival Grand Prix
- Sunday, August 19 – Junior/Amateur-Owner Jumper Classic
- Kentucky Hunter Jumper Horse Show – August 22-26
- Friday, August 24 – $10,000 Hagyard Lexington Classic
- Sunday, August 26 – $30,000 KHJA Grand Prix
- Sunday, August 26 – Junior/Amateur-Owner Jumper Classic
For more information on the SSG Gloves ‘Go Clean for the Green’ promotion, please visit www.ssgridinggloves.com or contact promotion manager, Jennifer Ward of Starting Gate Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Starting Gate Communications | 401 Athlone Ave. Suite 201 | Ottawa, Ontario K1Z 5M6, Canada