The public vote for the FEI Awards 2018 is now open! For a second consecutive year the public gets to vote and celebrate its equestrian heroes following publication of the shortlisted nominees.
A record of outstanding achievements on the field of play, horsemanship, commitment and behind-the-scenes dedication are just some of the qualities of the 20 nominees selected across the five categories.
The shortlisted nominees for the FEI Awards 2018 are:
Longines Rising Star – for the young stars aged 14 to 21 who demonstrate outstanding sporting talent and commitment.
- Felix Koller (AUT), Jumping
- Esmee Donkers (NED), Dressage
- Victor Levecque (FRA), Eventing
- Bunty Howard (ZAM), Jumping
Best Athlete – paying tribute to some incredible performances during the year, notably at the FEI World Equestrian Games™ Tryon 2018 and the Asian Games, which took the sport to a new level.
- Simone Blum (GER), Jumping
- Yoshiaki Oiwa (JPN), Eventing
- Lambert Leclezio (FRA), Vaulting
- Stinna Kaastrup (DEN), Para Dressage
Best Groom – for the behind-the-scenes hero who ensures the horses he or she looks after are given the best possible care.
- Lucy Miles (NZL), Eventing, groom for Jonelle and Tim Price
- Alex Tyler-Morris (GBR), Jumping, groom for Harrie Smolders
- Lee McKeever (USA), Jumping, groom for McLain Ward
- Steffi Wiegard (GER), Dressage, head groom for Isabell Werth
Against All Odds – for an inspiring individual who has pursued their equestrian ambitions and overcome challenges and obstacles along the way.
- Sammie Fritz (USA), Dressage
- Leila Malki (PLE), Jumping
- Sara Morganti (ITA), Para Dressage
- Kate Shoemaker (USA), Para Dressage
FEI Solidarity – for an FEI Solidarity or equestrian development project, an individual or organisation that has demonstrated skill, dedication and energy in expanding the sport.
- Julie Battams and Equine Pathways (AUS)
- The Horsemanship charity programme (CHN)
- Riders of Hope (BIH)
- Mercedes Campdera (MEX)
Make sure you have your say and vote here!
The online public vote will be open from 5 to 15 October and will count for 50%, with a panel of expert judges deciding the remaining 50%.
The winners will be announced at the FEI Awards 2018 Gala presented by Longines in Manama, Bahrain on 20 November. Presenters on the night of this prestigious ceremony will be five-time Paralympic gold medallist Natasha Baker (GBR) and young Dressage star Juan Matute Guimón (ESP). “I am beyond excited and honoured to have been asked to host the awards with Juan!” Natasha Baker said. “I can’t wait to meet all of the deserving award winners and hear their stories and celebrate our fantastic sport.”
Vote for your equestrian heroes and stay tuned to learn everything about the FEI Awards 2018 on fei.org.
FEI Media Contact:
Manager, Media Relations and Media Operations
+41 78 750 61 46
Media Relations Officer
+41 78 750 61 56