Jacksonville, FL – May 7, 2012 – The Southeast Medal Finals is pleased to announce the event will be a proud supporter of the Wounded Warrior Project (WWP). The First Annual Southeast Medal Finals will take place on September 21-23, 2012 at the Jacksonville Equestrian Center. Highlights include the Southeast Junior 3′ Medal Finals and the Southeast Adult 3′ Medal Finals, the Region Three ASPCA Maclay Regionals.
WWP was founded by several veterans and friends, moved by stories of the first wounded service members returning home from Afghanistan and Iraq, took action to help others in need. What started as a program to provide comfort items to wounded service members has grown into a complete rehabilitative effort to assist warriors as they recover and transition back to civilian life.
Tens of thousands of Wounded Warriors and caregivers receive support each year through WWP programs designed to nurture the mind and body, and encourage economic empowerment and engagement.
Continue reading First-Ever Southeast Medal Finals in Jacksonville Proud Supporter of Wounded Warrior Project
I just wanted to update you on a few things.
1. WCHR – I am still getting comments, emails and phone calls about the WCHR in Gulfport. Just to set the record straight, I contacted Geoff Teal, the Chair of the WCHR Committee, to find out why a show that wins the USHJA Member Choice Award over all the show in Zone 4 for the entire year last year holds both a National and International Derby and call the show the “Celebration of Hunters” was not a WCHR show this year. His response was very simple: VOTES. Each member of the WCHR is sent a ballot and we simply did not get enough votes for our show. Geoff also shared that there are not a lot of members that vote. So, if you want to see both Gulfport and Atlanta Summer be member shows, then vote for them when the ballot is sent to you – it’s that simple. It has nothing to do with the caliber of event if it meets the minimal requirements.
Continue reading Atlanta Summer – WCHR/Charleston/Southeast Medal Finals Updates
Wellington, FL – April 26, 2012 – The First Annual Southeast Medal Finals will take place on September 21-23 2012 at the Jacksonville Equestrian Center. Sponsors are lining up to support this great new show. Highlights include the Southeast Junior and Adult 3′ Medal Finals, ASPCA Maclay Regionals and much more.
Hunter and Equitation judges will include Kip Rosenthal, Brian Lenehan and John Roper. Allen Rheinheimer and Fred Brown will serve as jumper judges.
Kip Rosenthal is an accomplished equestrian, who has ridden and trained with such familiar names as George Morris, Victor Hugo-Vidal, Bert De’Nemethy and more. As a respected R-rated judge in both Hunter and Hunter Seat Equitation, Rosenthal has judged many of the most prestigious competitions in North America.
Continue reading Top Judges Named for the First-Ever Southeast Medal Finals in Jacksonville
Wellington, FL – April 17, 2012 – The First Annual Southeast Medal Finals will take place on September 21-23 2012 at the Jacksonville Equestrian Center. Sponsors are lining up to support this great new show. Highlights include the Southeast Junior and Adult 3′ Medal Finals, ASPCA Maclay Regionals and much more.
Current sponsors include Phelps Media Group International, Horse Shows Online, Classic Company, Geddaway Farm, Equestrian Travel, Jerry Parks Insurance Group – representing Great American Insurance Group – Land Rover Jacksonville and more.
Phelps Media Group International has committed to sponsor the First Annual Southeast Medal Finals. According to President, Mason Phelps Jr., “Some years back, I founded and created the New England Horsemen’s Association Hunt Seat Medal, and served as president of the New England Horseman’s Council. Now that I’m a Floridian, I feel it is important to support the Southeast Medal Finals.”
Continue reading Join the List of Sponsors for the Southeast Medal Finals at the Jacksonville Equestrian Center
WHAT: The Southeast Medal Finals will be a new indoor hunter, jumper and equitation horse show attracting the top riders from USHJA Zone 4 and beyond.
WHEN: September 21-23, 2012
WHERE: The Jacksonville Equestrian Center, Jacksonville, FL, featuring a large indoor coliseum with 3,000 seats, two outdoor ring and 500 permanent stalls.
- Southeast Junior 3′ Medal Finals
- Southeast Adult 3′ Medal Finals
- ASPCA Maclay Regionals
- Region Three Maclay Equitation Classic
- Florida Equitation Classic
- Zone 4 USEF Pessoa National Hunt Seat Medal Finals
- Zone 4 USEF Adult Medal Finals
- Zone 4 $10,000 Children’s Jumper Championship
- Zone 4 $10,000 Adult Jumper Championship
- Zone 4 Children’s Hunter Championship
- Zone 4 Adult Hunter Championship
- Zone 4 Children’s Hunter Pony Championship
Continue reading Southeast Medal Finals Fast Facts