Just a reminder that both Summer Shows are coming up soon. The Atlanta Summer Classic (June 15-26) prize list is online. This show will have a new format; lots of money has been added along with a new schedule. The show will have a $25,000 Hunter Derby and two $35,000 Grand Prix classes along with two USHJA Hunter Classics and a Gamblers Choice. We will also have two free clinics between the shows, one for pony models and one for jumping water.
The Charleston Summer Classic (July 13-23) prize list is also online. This show has a new 5 day schedule to allow more time at the beach and to enjoy the low country. If you need help with condo or house rentals, let us know.
To reserve stalls, call Tissy at 843 768 5503.
See you at the rings,
The Classic Company, Ltd.
Phone/FAX: (843) 768-5503
Post Office Box 1311 Johns Island SC 29457
Just some updates and FYIs.
The Gulf Coast Winter Series started today and WLOX, the local television station, came out and was live at our event. If you would like to watch the short video please click here: http://www.wlox.com/global/Category.asp?c=194069. We are the third video on the left.
We have posted a new schedule on our webpage for the Gulf Coast Winter Classic I. The changes were minor but because we produce our prize list in the fall and then the annual meetings of USHJA and USEF are in December and January we sometimes must make adjustments to new rules.
Just a second reminder for some other changes…
1. We will offer a non restricted 1.0m Children’s Adult Jumper section because of the new zone specs.
2. We will offer a Walk, Walk Trot, and Crossrails classes that will follow the short stirrup in the schedule.
If you still have not reserved your stalls please call us ASAP because we are putting up more stalls on Monday and I am sure that will be the last visit from our tent man. Call 228.832.9255 for reservations.
Continue reading Gulfport TV and Other Updates
July 18, 2010 – We just finished a great week in Charleston. The weather was warm but there was always a great breeze, the benefit of being only a few miles from the ocean.
To start I want to thank Red’s Ice House for a great Welcome party at Bohicket Marina, along with a big thank you to Poplar Grove and Seabrook Island Equestrian Centers for the great parties for the Hunter Classic and the Jumper Classic on Friday and Saturday.
On Saturday, 4300 people lost power on Johns Island, Seabrook Island and Kiawah Island. The power outage was caused by a truck hitting a power transformer. The show was without power for five hours. I want to thank all the exhibitors for their understanding and for keeping the show going so well without much sound.
Continue reading Charleston Summer Classic One
July 1, 2010 – The Charleston Summer Classic starts in two weeks from today and we still have about 50 stalls for week one and about 100 for week two still available. The temporary stalls will go up right after the July 4th weekend so if you need stalls, call our office so we put up the right number. We will only have 450 stalls this year.
Three other things.
1. If you are interested in renting a golf cart, please call the office. We do not have an onsite vendor and are trying to find carts in town. 843 768 5503 – speak to Tissy.
2. You are welcome to arrive on Saturday the 10th of July if you like. We will have a VERY limited staff but if you call about shavings early, you are welcome to come. Please do not arrive without calling us. 843 768 5503.
3. There was a misprint in the prize list for the $7,500 Jumper Classic. The specs implied that the class was only for Jr AO Jumpers. That is not true. It is an open jumper classic, open to all horses and riders.
Continue reading Charleston Summer Classic