Note to my readers – I am so far behind in adding these Radio Show contributor posts, I am just going back & giving you all I’ve gotten so you don’t miss anything important, like this is from February…
We celebrate the 400th episode on the Horse Radio Network and we get caught up with our Para-equestrian Rider Susan Treabess. Plus, all the news of the Alltech 2010 World Equestrian Games, listen in…
2010 Radio Show Episode 78 – HRN Celebrates 400 and Our Spotlight Para-Equestrian Rider Susan Treabess:
- Hosts:Samantha Clark and Glenn the Geek
- Guest: Susan Treabess
- Guest: Helena B. and Chris Stafford
- News: Equine Canada has named Lauren Barwick of Aldergrove, BC, as the inaugural recipient of the Equine Canada President’s award. As an individual gold and silver medalist at the 2008 Paralympic Games, Barwick is not only Canada’s most successful para-equestrian athlete in history, but is also a powerful ambassador for equestrian sport.
- News: Venezuelan show-jumper Pablo Barrios finally hit the jackpot on saturday night, winning the $150,000 World Cup Grand Prix at Wellington. Barrios has been in the money consistently for the last 8 years but this was his first major win, and it was particularly impressive, as he crossed the finish line nearly four seconds faster than second place finisher, American Jefferey Welles on Armani.
- News: Sultan Ahmad Al Beloushi recently won the prestigious His Highness The President’s Cup in Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates in record breaking time, while the United States were represented by Ellyn Rapp and Jeremy Reynolds.
- News: Meanwhile, over in England, Endurance GB has set up a series of non-competitive rides in an effort to raise funds to send teams over to compete here at the World Equestrian Games.
- News: The American Endurance Ride Conference will hold it’s annual Convention and Trade Show this weekend in Reno, Nevada, and it will include a presentation covering the US Endurance Team High Performance Programme aimed at the 2010 World Equestrian Games.
- News: Due to the success of it’s Equine News and Brews meeting series last year, Alltech will be resuming the free public programme this month with an educational focus on the upcoming Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games.
- News: If you’re not local to Lexington, Kentucky you can still become a WEGspert! Fans of the 2010 World Equestrian Games can now complete a video training programme online to become an official 2010 Alltech FEI WEGspert from the comfort of their homes.
Listen Now, Download or Subscribe: