BLM is seeking to fill three open spots on the Wild Horse and Burro Advisory Board. For the past three years, Ginger Kathrens, TCF Founder and Director, has served in the critical role of humane advisor to this board and is reapplying for a second term of service.
We don’t have to tell you the importance of having a voice for our wild ones within this body of advisors! With private interests being over represented, these magnificent animals need someone to speak for them.
Please take action NOW and support Ginger’s reinstatement as Humane Advisor.
How can you help?
Easy! Follow the simple instructions below:
1) Write a short letter of support for Ginger Kathrens’ renomination. (This is not a formal nomination but a letter of support in your own words).
Some points you can make:
- 25 years spent documenting wild horses
- Her award-winning series of Cloud films reintroduced America to their wild horses
- Tireless advocate for the preservation of wild horses and our public lands
- Thought leader in the wild horse advocacy community, her voice and opinion are widely respected
- Committed to working with the BLM to find sustainable humane management solutions
2) Mail your letter to the address below before April 1, 2019
Division of Wild Horses and Burros, US Dept. of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management
1849 C Street NW, Room 2134 LM
Attn: Dorothea Boothe, WO-260
Washington, DC 20240
Connect with your representatives
Do you frequently call or write your senator and US representative? This is the time to ask them specifically to support Ginger with the letter. Or, even better, provide a letter using the points above which they can easily sign and send. Don’t forget the deadline of April 1, 2019!
The Cloud Foundation would not be here without your generous support. Our mission and to preserve and protect all of America’s wild horses and burros, and the land which was dedicated to them, would not be possible without your contributions.
The Cloud Foundation
107 South 7th St
Colorado Springs, CO 80905