Breeders’ Cup Sprint Champion Gulch / Photo by EquiSport
Tickets Available Now
GEORGETOWN, KY – OCTOBER 19, 2015 – Old Friends, the Thoroughbred Retirement Farm in Georgetown, KY, will host a special Breeders’ Cup Celebration Sponsored by Red Brand Fence on Sunday November 1st, 2015 from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
Tickets are $25 for the general public, $15 for shareholders and Old Friends members. Reservations can be made by contacting the farm at (502) 863-1775 or booked online by visiting the Old Friends website at www.oldfriendsequine.org.
The day will include a barbeque buffet by Furlong’s Catering, pizza from Papa John’s, farm tours, live music from Shades of Grass and both live and silent auctions of racing memorabilia, collectible stallion halters, photography, pottery, and other artwork — much of which will celebrate winners of past Breeders’ Cup races.
Renowned equine artist Robert Clarke will also be on hand doing an on-site painting of the 2015 Breeders’ Cup Classic winner. The canvas will be auctioned at the end of the afternoon.
The event is sponsored by Red Brand Fence, which produces a premium line of agricultural fencing products and reigns as one of the most recognized brand of farm fence in the United States.
Over the years Old Friends has been home to more than 40 retired Breeders’ Cup winners or contenders, among them:
- Gulch – winner of the 1988 Breeders’ Cup Sprint and currently the oldest living Breeders’ Cup Champion
- Eldaafer, winner – 2010 Breeders’ Cup Marathon
- Amazombie, winner – 2011 Breeders’ Cup Sprint
- Silver Charm – 2nd in the 1998 Breeders’ Cup Classic
- Game On Dude – 2nd in the 2011 Breeders’ Cup Classic
- Rail Trip – 3rd in 2011 Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile
- *Precisionist – winner 1985 Breeders’ Cup Sprint
- *Prized – winner of the 1989 Breeders’ Cup Turf
- *Black Tie Affair – winner of the 1991 Breeders’ Cup Classic
- *Fraise – winner of the 1992 Breeders’ Cup Turf
- *Sunshine Forever – 2nd in the 1988 Breeders’ Cup Turf
“With the Breeders’ Cup here at Keeneland this year we hope fans will include us in their plans and come out for the day to see these wonderful past winners and contenders,” said Old Friends founder and President Michael Blowen. “It’s a great way to celebrate the new winners and also the history of the Championships.
“We’d also like to thank Red Brand Fence for their continued support,” Blowen continued. “They are helping us make this one of the best events we’re ever had here on the farm.”
For additional information or to reserve a ticket, please call the farm at (502) 863-1775.
Old Friends is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization that cares for more than 110 retired racehorses. Its Dream Chase Farm, located in Georgetown, KY, is open to tourists daily by appointment. Old Friends also has a satellite facility in Greenfield Center, New York, Old Friends at Cabin Creek: The Bobby Frankel Division, which is also open to visitors. For more information on tours or to make a donation, contact the main farm at (502) 863-1775 or see their website at www.oldfriendsequine.org.