Lexington, Kentucky, USA. May 30, 2011
The Horse Radio Network (HRN) has announced the creation of Horse World Gives Back, a charitable initiative aimed at uniting the horse world in a fund raising drive that will benefit horses and horse owners affected by the recent flooding and tornadoes across the United States.
HRN will host a 3 hour LIVE broadcast on June 6, 2011, 6-9 pm Eastern as a fund raising effort called the Horse World Gives Back Radiothon followed by a Horse World Gives Back Retail Day on June 7, 2011. Participating retailers will give back 5% of the day’s sales to the charities that will direct the funds towards helping horse owners across the country whose horses have been affected by the devastating weather damage.
This relief aid is being channeled through the Kentucky Horse Council’s Equine Disaster Relief Fund and the Red Cross. HRN and its media partners are reaching out to equestrian and equine related organizations to become involved and unite the horse world in this nationwide effort.
HRN Hosts Glenn, Jamie and Chris will be hosting the Live Broadcast on June 6th from the Red Cross Headquarters in Lexington, Kentucky which can be heard on the Horse World Gives Back website at www.horseworldgivesback.com and its many affiliate partners listed on the website. Guests will include horse people affected by the devastating weather that has displaced so many horses and their owners, Red Cross representatives, prominent riders and members of the horse community.
One day left till the horse world unites to help the victims of the recent floods and tornadoes. The destruction and loss of life, human and animal, has been unprecedented and there are so many that need our help.
* 1,314 tornadoes so far this year.
* More than 4 million people have been affected by the floods adjacent to the Mississippi
and Atchafalaya rivers from Illinois 635 miles south to the Gulf of Mexico.
* Over 500 people have died as a result of these disasters.
* An unbelievable number of animals lost including horses, livestock and household
* Billions of dollars of damage to farms, barns, fencing and crops.
How you can get involved:
- Website Owners and Associations: Help us promote the Radiothon and Retail Day through your email lists and social media. Plus, you can post the Radiothon Player on your website so people can listen to the show on your site. It is a simple embed code – get the embed code now.
- Retailers: Please consider giving back and being part of this national fund raising event. Sign up to be a participating retailer for Horse World Gives Back Retail Day on June 7, 2011.
- Wholesalers, Manufacturers and Horse Businesses: Please call the Radiothon and pledge your support. There will be a page on the Horse World Gives Back website to list corporate pledges.
- Horse Owners and Riders: Tune into the Radiothon and donate what you can to help those in dire need. Plus, if you were planning on buying anything horsey in the next month, please make the purchase on June 7 at one of the participating retailers.
Please visit www.horseworldgivesback.com for more information on how you can help those in need.