Adrienne Lyle and Wizard during a training session with USEF Chef d’Equipe/Technical Advisor Robert Dover (USEF Archive)
Lexington, Ky. – The first USEF Dressage Observation & Strategic Planning Session of 2014 took place earlier this week at Havensafe Farm South in Wellington, Fla. Lead by Robert Dover, USEF Chef d’Equipe/Technical Advisor, the session provided training and strategic guidance for athletes as they look toward international competition and the 2014 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games. The session featured 18 athlete/horse combinations over three days.
Dover was able to work individually with each athlete/horse combination, striving to enhance training practices and assist athletes in achieving their competition goals. Athletes’ personal trainers/coaches were also invited and participated in the sessions.
Day one of the session included:
- Katherine Bateson-Chandler with Jane Clark’s Alcazar
- Elaine Cordia-Van Reesma with her own Jewel’s Adelante
- Catherine Haddad-Staller with her own Montrachet
- Shawna Harding with Tonya Rowe’s Rigo
- Chris Hickey with Cecelia Stewart’s Ronaldo
- Jami Kment with her own Zania
- Leslie Morse with her own King’s Excalibur
- JJ Tate with Elizabeth Guarisco’s Faberge
Days two and three of the session included:
- Susie Dutta with Tim Dutta Inc.’s Currency DC
- Shelly Francis with Patricia Stempel’s Doktor and Danilo
- Catherine Haddad-Staller with her own Mane Stream Hotmail
- Chris Hickey with Hilltop Farm Inc.’s Douglas Hilltop
- Adrienne Lyle with Peggy Thomas’ Wizard
- Sharon McCusker with her own Wrigley
- Cesar Parra with Michael and Sarah Davis’ Van the Man
- Caroline Roffman with Hyperion Farm, Inc.’s Sagacious HF and her own Her Highness O
“I thought the training session was fantastic,” said Lyle. “Robert was able to take what everyone had been working on with their own coaches, build on that, and really motivate riders to raise their bar and bring out even more brilliance in their performances.”
“The three-day USEF High Performance Observation and Strategic Planning Session at Havensafe Farm produced excellent results,” said Dover. “Thanks to Betsy Juliano and her great staff as well as Jenny Van Wieren-Page for a beautiful and well-organized clinic and to the athletes who truly rose to the occasion and proved that America is most certainly producing more depth of world-class horses and top riders.”
For more information about the High Performance Dressage Observation and Strategic Planning Sessions, visit: http://usef.org/documents/highPerformance/dressage/USEFDressageTrainingSessions2013_2014.pdf.
Questions should be addressed to Jenny Van Wieren-Page, Managing Director of Dressage, by phoning (859) 225-6949 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.