9 September 2010 – The Fédération Equestre Internationale (FEI), the governing body of horse sport, is to unveil an innovative photographic celebration of equestrianism entitled Inspire at the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games in Kentucky, USA.
Inspire brings together 16 images of inspirational equestrian legends and young talents who represent all the equestrian disciplines on the programme of the FEI’s four-yearly flagship event. Athletes from Jumping, Dressage, Para-Equestrian Dressage, Eventing, Driving, Endurance, Vaulting and Reining are shown in surprising and eloquent contexts, many of which incorporate subtle or playful references to their disciplines. Most of the images unite two people in rural or urban backdrops and highlight the bond of admiration and inspiration between them.
The origins of the athletes are diverse and serve as a reminder of the geographical spread of the 133 National Federations affiliated to the FEI.
Commenting on Inspire, FEI Secretary General Alex McLin said: “We are thrilled and grateful that Alltech is hosting the FEI’s innovative exhibition, which is part of our continued commitment to encouraging and inspiring riders around the world in every discipline. This contemporary exhibition highlights the love, respect, passion and diversity that are inherent to our sport.”
Featured in the exhibition are:
– HRH The Princess Royal and Zara Phillips (GBR, Eventing)
– Jessica Springsteen and Beezie Madden (USA, Jumping)
– Rodrigo and Nelson Pessoa (BRA, Jumping)
– Laurentia Tan (SIN, Para-Equestrian Dressage)
– Hussain Al Marzooqi and Ali Mohammed Al Marzooqi (UAE, Endurance)
– European Junior Reining Champions (ITA)
– Natalia Berezhnaya (RUS, Dressage)
– Meredith Michaels-Beerbaum with her baby Brianne Victoria (GER, Jumping)
– Darlene Milord (HAI, Para-Equestrian Dressage)
– Kai Vorberg with his mentor Reinhold Strang (GER, Vaulting)
– Totilas (NED, Dressage)
– IJsbrand and Bram Chardon (NED, Driving)
– Alex Hua Tian (CHN and NZL, Eventing)
– Enos Mafokate and grandson Karabo, Soweto Riding School (RSA, Jumping, Dressage and Vaulting)
– HRH Princess Haya (JOR, FEI President)
– Alltech president Dr Pearse Lyons and his wife Deirdre
Provocative, contemporary and striking, the photographs aim to prompt discussion and interpretation and leave no viewer indifferent. They will be on show at the Alltech Experience Pavilion in the Kentucky Horse Park – venue of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games – from 25 September to 10 October.
Director of Corporate Communications
Mobile: +41 (0) 78 750 61 22