2014 Longines Rising Star Award winner Lambert Leclezio from Mauritius, receiving his award from Juan Carlos Capellli, Longines Vice President, Head of International Marketing. Lambert was recently crowned 2016 senior male FEI World Vaulting Champion, in Le Mans, France (FEI)
Lausanne (SUI), 14 September 2016 – With nominations for the FEI Awards 2016 closing on Sunday 18 September, there are just five days left for the global equestrian community to nominate their favourites for the categories of Rising Star, Best Athlete, Against All Odds, Best Groom and the Solidarity Award.
Everyone can nominate their heroes via the online platform at www.feiawards.org.
Award winners will be flown to the glittering FEI Awards Gala presented by Longines in Tokyo (JPN), in November, where their achievements will be celebrated by over 350 guests from the global equestrian community, representatives from the Tokyo 2020 and the FEI’s National Federations around the world.
“We’ve had a huge response to the Awards already this year showing how much equestrian has captured the imagination of fans across the globe, but keep those nominations coming in!” says FEI Secretary General Sabrina Ibáñez.
“Heroes, heroines, inspirational figures that never give up and make us think ‘wow’ are what the awards are here to celebrate, so get in touch and share with us who you deem should be recognised this year.”
There are five categories to vote in the FEI Awards 2016:
- The Longines Rising Star Award is for a person aged 14 to 21 who demonstrates outstanding sporting talent and commitment.
- The Best Athlete Award celebrates the athlete who over the last 12 months has demonstrated exceptional skills in the arena, and has taken equestrian sport to a new level.
- The Against All Odds Award acknowledges people who have pursued their equestrian ambitions despite physical issues or extremely difficult personal circumstances.
- The Best Groom Award is dedicated to the vital behind-the-scenes team members who work 24/7 to ensure their horses get the best possible care and attention.
- The FEI Solidarity Award is for an FEI Solidarity or equestrian development project, and individual or organisation that has demonstrated skill, dedication and energy in expanding the sport.
Nominations for the FEI Awards 2016 will close on Sunday 18 September.
FEI Media Contact:
Manager Press Relations
+41 79 314 24 38