- Timmerman Wins His Ticket to FEI World Cup Driving FinalPosted 3 days ago
- Equestrian Sport Productions New Year’s Wrap-Up: December 27-29, 2013Posted 3 days ago
- Deusser and Cornet d’Amour Turn On the Magic at MechelenPosted 4 days ago
ESP Announces FEI Level Rating Changes for the 2014 Winter Equestrian Festival
Wellington, FL – January 3, 2014 – Equestrian Sport Productions (ESP) announces that there have been FEI level rating changes to three of the weeks in the FTI Consulting Winter Equestrian Festival (FTI WEF) circuit. Following objections from a number of conflicting CSI 5* events, ESP has been forced to reduce the star levels of three of their events.
However, money has been reallocated to maximize the prize money available during the FTI WEF so that the two 5* events on FTI WEF 5 and 12 and the two 4* events on FTI WEF 7 and 9 will have the following prize money in FEI classes:
- FTI WEF 5 – CSI-W 5*: $34,000 Spy Coast Farm 1.45m; $125,000 Ruby et Violette WEF Challenge Cup Round 5; $34,000 G&C Farm 1.45m; $370,000 FEI World Cup Qualifier Grand Prix CSI-W 5*; $84,000 Suncast 1.50m Championship Jumper Classic
- FTI WEF 7 – Adequan CSI 4*: $34,000 Spy Coast Farm 1.45m; $125,000 Ruby et Violette WEF Challenge Cup Round 7; $34,000 G&C Farm 1.45m; $280,000 Adequan Grand Prix CSI 4*; $84,000 Suncast 1.50m Championship Jumper Classic
- FTI WEF 9 – The Bainbridge Companies CSI-W 4*: $34,000 Spy Coast Farm 1.45m; $125,000 Ruby et Violette WEF Challenge Cup Round 9; $34,000 G&C Farm 1.45m; $280,000 FEI World Cup CSI-W 4* Presented by The Bainbridge Companies; $84,000 Suncast 1.50m Championship Jumper Classic
- FTI WEF 12 – FTI Consulting CSI 5*: $34,000 Spy Coast Farm 1.45m; $34,000 G&C Farm 1.45m; $50,000 Ruby et Violette WEF Challenge Cup Round 12; $100,000 Suncast 1.50m Championship Jumper Series Classic Final; $500,000 FTI Consulting Finale Grand Prix CSI 5*
ESP CEO Mark Bellissimo stated, “We are disappointed that we have been prevented from increasing the number of 5 star events. We are committed to providing the Americas with top class events and maximizing the available prize money. We believe that to grow the sport, the money available must enable riders to make a living from competing, just as happens in every other major sport. However, we have reworked our events to conform to the restrictions and have managed to maintain a significant amount of the prize money that will be offered and the consequent ranking points available for the riders.”
He continued, “We were pleased that some shows were supportive and believe as we do that increased prize money is the way forward for the sport. This will not deter us in the future as we look forward to even more growth in the years to come. We are hopeful that we can work collaboratively to continue to grow the sport in the United States.”
The relevant FEI Rule states: “FEI Art 112.7: For Late Date Application and/or modification for higher level Events as defined in the relevant Rules and received after the deadline, any NF and/or OC that may be deemed to be affected by the acceptance of such Late Date Application and/or modification shall be provided the opportunity to give its opinion and if objecting to the late addition or change of dates must explain the reasons for the objection. After an evaluation of the reasons for an objection, the Secretary General may accept the late addition or change.”
The dates of the 2014 shows affected with FEI level rating changes are: FTI WEF 3 from January 22-26, FTI WEF 7 from February 19-23, and FTI WEF 10 from March 12-16.
ESP looks forward to hosting 12 weeks of incredible show jumping competition at the FTI WEF at the Palm Beach International Equestrian Center (PBIEC) in Wellington, FL. The FTI WEF will run January 8 through March 30, 2014, awarding over $8 million in prize money. The prize money for the Festival has still increased by $1.3 million for 2014. Join us this year for exciting show jumping competition as we welcome the best riders in the world!
For a 2013 WEF Highlight video, see: http://vimeo.com/65534140.
For more information on the FTI Consulting Winter Equestrian Festival, please visit www.equestriansport.com.
About FTI Consulting, Inc.
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment. With more than 4,000 employees located in 24 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges in areas such as investigations, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, reputation management, strategic communications and restructuring. The company generated $1.58 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2012. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com.
About the FTI Consulting Winter Equestrian Festival
The 2014 FTI Consulting Winter Equestrian Festival has 12 weeks of top competition running from January 8 through March 30. The FTI WEF is run by Equestrian Sport Productions, LLC, and Wellington Equestrian Partners and held at the Palm Beach International Equestrian Center. All 12 shows are “AA” rated and Jumper Rated 6, and more than $7 million in prize money will be awarded.
Please visit www.equestriansport.com or call 561-793-5867 for more information.
Jennifer Wood Media, Inc.
Equestrian Public Relations