June 18, 2011 – We had a terrific week in Conyers for our first show. The show was sold out for stalls, the weather was cooler than it’s been in years and the parties were lots of fun for all. We do have a few stalls open for week two – call 678 374 5900 for the show office.
Highlights this week:
USHJA National Hunter Classic was won by Status Quo and ridden by Clair Kellner.
2. Ramano, Martin Schlaeppe
3. Vince, Greg Burrow
4. Snowday, Triple Creek Farm
5. Happenstance, Natalie Sterrett
6. Premonition FR, John Gillen
7. Breaking News, Fit to Print Farm
8. Julian, Amanda Forad
9. Solitaire, Kira Epstein
10. Concierge, Nestledown Eq Svc
11. Tatan, Greener Pastures
12. Excurs, Terry Russell
USHJA $25,000 International Hunter Derby was won by Brunnello, owned by Mrs. Janet Peterson and shown to the win by Elizabeth Boyd. We added Brunnello to the Jack Geitner Memorial Trophy that was donated by the Wellington Show Stables many years ago.
2. Wagner, Donovan Hasbrouck
3. Bases Loaded, AM Free Inc.
4. Cool Blue, Lucille Oken
5. Morocco, Nancy Moore
6. Walking Dream, Don Stewart
7. Samoan Dancer, Susan Hutchison
8. Sylvester, Meghan Flanagan
9. Beyond Belief, Rachel Porter
10. Massimo, Chase Boggio
11. Cellino, Julie Thompson
12. All That, Don Stewart
The Adequan $35,000 Grand Prix was won by Chase Boggio aboard his horse Hennessey.
2. Happy Z, Wilhelm Genn
3. Fieona, Hardin Towell
4. Ukoon, Atlanta Equestrian Center
5. Delilah, Hasbrouck Donavan
6. Lazaro, Jordan Coyne
7. Al Calypso, Juan Ortiz
8. South Bound, Martien Van der Hoeven
9. Sympa, Mrs. Charles Bostwick
10. Raja That, Juan Ortiz
11. Conquistador, German Camargo
12. L Etoile, The L Etoile Group
For complete results, go to www.horseshowsonline.com.
Two more reminders:
1. Two Free USHJA Clinics on Tuesday – All invited to attend.
11:00 Pony Model Clinic – Bibby Hill
1:00 Water Jumping Clinic – Wilhelm Genn
2. Don’t forge the Practical Horseman “Just Ask Clinic” with Betty Oare and Scott Fitton in the Carriage room – 5:30 on Thursday afternoon.
Don’t forget, the Charleston Summer Classic is only 20 days away. Closing date was yesterday and since we only have 200 permanent stalls, we have to give the tent man a number. Please let us know your stall counts as soon as possible.
Call with questions or for stall reservations: 843 768 5503.
See you at the rings,
The Classic Company, Ltd.
Phone/FAX: (843) 768-5503
Post Office Box 1311 Johns Island SC 29457