We had a great week in Conyers. The weather got a little chilly a few mornings but warmed up perfect for showing.
This week we hosted the annual Barry Lane Memorial Children’s Adult Jumper Classic. As we have for the past eight years we offered $25,000, but because of all the hoops the jumper committees want us to jump through for permission to offer such a class (and we were told not to ask again until we offered more money to the Jr AOs or the Open horses), we ran two classes, a $10,000 and a $15,000 class. They were a great success. We had 59 compete for the big bucks. One class held on Saturday under the lights in the Olympic stadium and one on Sunday before the Grand Prix.
The winner of the first class was Little Tom and Patricia Hennessy trained by Chris Kappler.
2. Grisset, Alissa Kinsey
3. Chalvino Z Kady Abrahamson
4. Camera Ready, Leigh Cofer Smith
5. Alf, Taylor Adams
6. Johnny Dublin, Jordan Irvan
7. Jet, Lila Sessums
8. Charlemagne, Annie Kuniansky
9. Tulip, Mattie Worsham
10. Skylark, Andreas DeLayer
11. Campiola, Dana Tourville
12. Las Vegas, Danielle Pedersen
The winner of the second class was also Little Tom and Patricia Hennessy.
2. Camera Ready, Leigh Cofer Smith
3. Skylark, Andreas De Leyer
4. Denis The Menace, Rachel Johnston
5. Johnny Dublin, Jordan Irvan
6. Set Sail, Tracy Slaughter
7. Paddington, Lillian Haun
8. Golden Boy, Anne Gardner
9. Jessika De Vrekka, Cahterine Billings
10. Grisset, Alissa Kensey
11. Chalvino Z, Kady Abrahamson
12. Candor 15, Dana Tourville
Congrats to all.
Our EMO $25,000 Grand Prix was won by Megan Edrick riding Cadence.
2. L’etoile, Theo Genn
3. Happy Z, Wilhelm Genn
4. Fieona, Harden Towell
5. Goldmarie 33, Schuyler Riley
6. Tamino Jason Christina Jason
7. Urioso Van Het Vitseroel, Sara Ketcham
8. Winchester, Theo Genn
9. Via Dolorosa, Derek Peterson
10. Hennessey, Chasen Boggio
11. Grande Finale 3E, Emily Short
12. Sympa, Daniel Geitner
This week we hosted the Zone 4 North Finals. Thank you Zone 4 for the Pizza at the ring this week, with over 700 horses the concession stands had lines and the pizza ringside was great. The Champions are all posted on www.horseshowsonline.com website along with all the complete results.
I do want to remind you that the Jacksonville, Pensacola and Gulfport are on our website. The prize lists will be in the mail on Nov. 18th.
I am flying to Jacksonville, Pensacola and then Gulfport on Monday to check on all the venues to make sure they are ready for us in a few weeks. I will report when I get back.
See you at the rings,
The Classic Company, Ltd.
Phone/FAX: (843) 768-5503
Post Office Box 1311 Johns Island SC 29457