Lexington, KY – The search is underway for nominees for the 2011 United States Equestrian Federation (USEF) Youth Sportsman’s Award. Now in its sixth year, the award recognizes young equestrians who exhibit exceptional leadership potential, serve as positive role models for their peers, demonstrate an ongoing commitment and dedication to the promotion of equestrian sport, are involved in their community and exemplify positive sportsmanship principles.
All National Winners will be honored during the 2012 USEF Annual Meeting. Each will receive a $500.00 grant to be paid to the educational program of his or her choice and will be invited to attend the USEF Annual Meeting as the Federation’s guest, to attend committee and board meetings, a career opportunity session and awards banquet. Meals, accommodations and travel expenses (up to $500.00) will be provided for all who are invited to participate.
The overall winner of the 2011 USEF Youth Sportsman’s Award will receive a $1,000 grant payable to the educational program of choice and a USEF Life Membership valued at $2,500, a commemorative trophy, as well as an invitation to the USEF Annual Meeting and career session. The winner will also be one of the nominees for the USEF Junior Equestrian of the Year Award.
Applications are available online at http://www.usef.org/_IFrames/Youth/sportsmansAward.aspx or through any USEF Recognized Affiliate or International Discipline Association. A listing of contact information for these affiliates is available on the Youth Sportsman’s Award webpage. Required materials are to be submitted directly to the applicant’s respective USEF Recognized Affiliate or International Discipline Association and received by their respective office on or before October 1, 2011. Each USEF Recognized Affiliate may select a National Winner, who will be considered for the overall award.
To be considered for the 2011 USEF Youth Sportsman’s Award, applicants must:
· Have a current membership in good standing with the USEF
· Have a current membership in good standing with a USEF Recognized Affiliate or International Discipline Association (for affiliate contacts, visit: http://www.usef.org/_IFrames/Youth/sportsmansAward.aspx)
· Be 17 years of age or under, as of December 1, 2010
· Demonstrate an ongoing commitment and dedication to the promotion of equestrian sport
· Serve as a positive role model for peers
· Participate at any level of competition, including local, regional or national events
· Be involved with their community
· Exhibit characteristics that exemplify positive sportsmanship principles
For more information regarding the USEF Youth Sportsman’s Award, please contact Jennifer Mellenkamp, Director, National Breed/Discipline Affiliates and Youth Programs, via e-mail at email@example.com or call (859) 225-6955.
United States Equestrian Federation | 4047 Iron Works Parkway | Lexington | KY | 40511