We discuss the US Dressage Selection Trials in detail with our spotlight rider Pierre St Jacques, who finished fifth, earning himself a place on the short list with his beautiful horse, Lucky Tiger. And of course the WEG news keeps on coming, including a chat with Dr Jennifer Feiner of Hagyard’s Equine Medical Institute who’ll be in charge of the quarantine facility for all the horses shipping in from Europe, and why Nicole Simpson-Shahinian isn’t on the USEF show-jumping short list for WEG with Tristan. Listen in.
2010 Radio Show Episode 105 by SUCCEED – Show Notes and Links:
- Hosts: Samantha Clark and Glenn the Geek
- Photo Credit: Phelps Photos and Dressage Daily
- Guest: Nicole Shahinian-Simpson
- Guest: Dr Jennifer Feiner from Hagyards Equine Medical Institute
- Guest: Pierre St Jacques and Lucky Tiger – pierrestjacquesdressage.com
- News: There were lots of World Equestrian Games Three Day event hopefuls giving their horses a pipe-opener at the Mitsubishi Hartpury International Horse Trials in England last weekend, and in fact the three star CIC was won by British Team member Piggy French on the Kentucky bound Jakarta. For a detailed analysis of the WEG performances, and for great reading every day, check out Monty White’s blog at www.blog.talkinghorse.net.
- News: The short list of endurance horses and riders for the team to represent the US at the World Equestrian Games team has been announced, and they will now go forward to Shaker Village, KY before final selection.
- News: The USEF has named a ranked World Equestrian Games Show Jumping Short list of ten horse and rider combination, but there is one glaring omission.
- News: British Show Jumping have announced their selection for the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games.
- News: Ireland has named the majority of its team of riders headed over to Kentucky next month for the World Equestrian Games.
- News: Sadly, New Zealand will not be represented in the Dressage at the World Equestrian Games this year.
- News: After much deliberation the Swiss Equestrian Federation has announced that 2 individual riders will represent Switzerland in the dressage at the World Equestrian Games.
- News: The YMCA will be welcoming WEG visitors to its facilities during the Games.
- News: Alltech, title sponsor of the 2010 World Equestrian Games, have come up with a genius idea for promotion.
- News: It was announced just last week that Dr Jennifer Feiner from Hagyards Equine Medical Institute will be the vet in charge of the quarantine for all of the horses arriving from Europe for the World Equestrian Games.
- News: Hagyard’s and Rood and Riddle will be offering tours around their facilities during the Games.
Listen Now, Download or Subscribe: